Welcome to Positive Training For Canines
Part Time Trainee Dog Trainer - Self Employed Basis (Sole Traders or Limited Company)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our ever expanding business. The ideal candidate will want to broaden their knowledge with dogs and positive training methods. The job will include some evenings and weekend working. Full on the job training will be provided.
- Visiting dogs at the owner’s home, providing a one to one dog walking service
- Addressing any training issues as raised by the owner and feeding back on developments
- Responsibility for both the dog and the owners property for the time while you are there, key holding as necessary
- Running our monthly recall workshops and fun agility sessions. Training will be provided
- Manage an online diary and email account for communication and booking of visits
Qualities of the ideal person:
- Some experience with animals, preferably dogs, would be a huge advantage
- Full drivers licence and own car plus insurance that covers business travel
- Comfortable with regular lone working
- Some level of customer service experience and advanced interpersonal skills
- Access to a computer for diary and email functions
Location: Eastleigh, Winchester and Southampton
Apply now! Send your CV and covering letter to
Our main aim is to build an excellent relationship between you and your four legged friend, through mutual respect, belief and cooperation. We only use kind, positive training methods to achieve results.
All our classes are held at Colden Common Community Centre, St Vigor Way, Colden Common SO21 1UU. We offer puppy socialisation classes as well as classes for adolescent and adult dogs.
5.45pm - 6.30pm Puppy Socialisation Class - for pups who have completed their second vaccinations aged up to 6 months of age
6.45pm - 7.30pm Level One - for dogs aged 9 months and above
6.45pm - 7.30pm Juniors - for those who have completed our puppy class or for dogs aged between 6 and 9 months of age
7.45pm - 8.30pm Puppy Socialisation Class - for pups who have completed their second vaccinations aged up to 6 months of age
10.45am - 11.30am Level One - for dogs aged 9 months and above
All our classes are 6 week courses.
Our other services include:
One to One Training
Loose Lead Sessions
Day Sitting Services
For more information on these please check out our 'Our Services' page
NB: Our office is currently closed until Monday 5th September. You are welcome to email or phone us where we aim to respond by Friday 9th September. Many thanks for your patience.
Contact Positive Training for Canines Today
You can reach Positive Training for Canines by calling 0800 756 3612 or 01962 418007, or by sending your questions via our handy Contact Us page.